To help you get around, Kempenfest provides FREE shuttles servicing the waterfront, as well as park ‘n ride locations in the north and south end of Barrie easily accessed from Highway 400 and by Barrie Transit. Shuttles operate on a 15-30 minute frequency (depending on traffic) and stops are indicated with a Kempenfest Shuttle sign. Service hours are as follows: Friday 5pm to 10pm, Saturday and Sunday 9am to 10pm and Monday 9am to 6pm.
The shuttles operate on a continuous loop between the Bayfield Mall as its north terminus and the Allendale Rec Centre as its south terminus, connecting to the Downtown Transit Terminal and Kempenfest at the waterfront.
- Take advantage of free parking – park ‘n ride from the Allandale Recreation Centre, Bayfield Mall, or Downtown Transit Terminal.
- Hop on and off at any of the stops located on the northbound and southbound sides of Lakeshore Drive to get from one end of the event to the other easily.
- Take Barrie Transit or GO Transit and connect to the free Kempenfest shuttle at the Downtown Transit Terminal or Allandale GO Station.
Stop locations include:
- Bayfield Mall – Coulter St. at Barrie Transit stop #203 (Park ‘n Ride)
- Downtown Transit Terminal – Mary St. across from platform #5
- Centennial Park – Victoria St.
- Centennial Park – South Parking Lot
- Allandale GO Station – Lakeshore Dr.
- Southshore Centre
- Lakeshore Dr. – Minet’s Point Rd.
- Allandale Recreation Centre – south parking lot, Barrie Transit stop # 2 (Park ‘n Ride)
Kempenfest shuttles operate on Barrie Transit buses. All buses are accessible and can be tracked.
Park'n'Ride Location Details
Allandale Recreation Centre (190 Bayview Dr.)
- Exit Hwy 400 at Essa Rd. and head north – take first right onto Fairview Rd. – turn left onto Little Ave. – turn right onto Bayview Dr. and turn right into the parking lot south of the building – shuttle stop is located at Barrie Transit stop #2 at the back entrance
Bayfield Mall (320 Bayfield St.)
- Exit Hwy 400 at Bayfield St. – from 400 northbound exit, turn left onto Bayfield St. and then left onto Coulter St. – from 400 southbound exit, go straight onto Coulter St. – Bayfield Mall is on the right and the parking lot is located behind the Mall – shuttle stop is located at Barrie Transit stop #203